What to do when you receive your DNA testing kit…
Thank you for ordering your DNA test with us. In this video the Director of Complement Genomics Ltd, the provider of the dadchecksilver service, offers you some advice on signing the consent from, taking the sample and returning them to our laboratory.
- The contents of the kit are: The consent form, the labelled sampling swabs, the return envelope and the receipt form.
- Please check the consent form for accuracy and if you are happy with this, please have all participating persons sign where indicated. We cannot process your samples unless we have the consent of all of those taking part in the test.
- Please wash your hands before taking the sample and ideally, do not smoke, eat or drink (except water) in the hour before sampling.
- Match the two labelled swabs to the person being tested and one at a time, snap the seal, take the swab out of the container (do not touch the tip), insert into the mouth, press onto the cheek and rub the swab in a circular motion 8 to 10 times. Place the swab back into the container and press the lid into place. Repeat for the other swab on the other cheek and that’s it!
- Please put the swabs and the signed consent form into the prepaid envelope and post! Please retain the receipt form, which contains your case number, just in case you need to contact us.